Thursday

Seed Exchange

Bartering For Your Garden

In the past few years, my interest in gardening has grown. I don't have an awful lot of spare time but when I do, I'm usually doing something in the garden. Whether it's spring, summer or fall, there's always work to be done around the yard.

It's peaceful, rewarding and great exercise. I'm always looking for something new, changing things around or digging things up. I enjoy looking at other gardens for inspiration or new varieties of plants to grow.

What I have realized is that having a beautiful garden is expensive. Having an abundance of flowers, foliage and shrubs can cost an arm and a leg. That's why I think seed or plant exchanging is such a great idea. I dig up my bulbs every two years to detach new bulb growth and collect as many seeds as I can, as I'm sure many gardener's do.

I came across one of our member's listings today that I thought was such a great idea. She's bartering organically grown produce in return for help around the garden. A very creative way of getting a helping hand without having to hire someone for the labour. You can't beat fresh produce on the table for a couple of hours of your spare time.

It just shows that whether it's seeds, produce or a little help around the garden , bartering works on so many levels.

Barb Di Renzo
www.u-exchange.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where Small Businesses Think Big