Wednesday

Let's Have a Big Round of Applause For...

Bartering? Well, let me explain. There's people that have a real knack for it, realize the benefits and do it all the time. Then there are people that are new to the concept and are experimenting with it.

For others, I mention the word "barter" and it seems to cause a bit of confusion. This is when I refer to it as trade, swap or exchange, followed by an example; electrical work in exchange for plumbing services or that mountain bike in exchange for that beer fridge. (That usually gets their attention).

Bartering has been around forever but it's certainly made a come back. With today's economy, it's the smart thing to do.

Sometimes I wish more people did it though. Maybe I'll Forrest Gump it across the country preaching from the good barter book.

I even thought of a great idea for the Ellen DeGeneres show. We'll call it "Trade Ya" (just 'cause I can picture her saying that). Members of the studio audience can bring in something small and Ellen can go around asking if anyone wants or needs it. When someone raises their hand in excitement, Ellen will grab what they have and offer it in return. "Anyway", I'll have my people call her people.

Maybe a Barbara Walter's interview where she'll make me cry, oh no wait, she's retired now.

Okay, The Oprah Winfrey Show. An episode titled "Saving Money" teaching people to barter for what they need. BTW, she really should have a website of the month club.

I thought about Dr. Phil but I really can't take anymore of his wise old sayings. Can't count your chickens before they hatch...If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...A rolling stone gathers no moss, etc. etc. and etc.

Barb Di Renzo
www.u-exchange.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where Small Businesses Think Big